Recipe: Nacho Kale Chips
1 cup raw cashes or almonds, soak for a few hours ideally
1/3 cup nutritional yeast
1/4 cup lemon juice (about 1 large lemon)
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. garlic powder (I use a whole clove and it’s great)
1. Remove the hard stalks from the kale. Try to keep the leaves as large as possible – it makes turning the Kale easier during cooking.
2. Add remaining ingredients to blender an process until smooth. You’ll need to add water or olive oil to make a thick sauce that you can pour on the kale.
3. Pour sauce over kale and massage into the leaves until evenly coated. I hold back and use about 3/4 of the recipe and save the rest for a yummy veggie dip sauce.
4. Lay out on cookie sheets and bake at 250F for 12 minutes, turn and again for 12-20 minutes. Watch it and remove the leaves that are very crisp before any browning occurs.
5. You can also use a dehydrator on low for about 10 hours. Place on parchment paper.
Do you need some lifestyle coaching? You can book an appointment by emailing or calling (250) 897-0235.