I believe optimal health is a stepping stone to living your best life!
Why Me as your ND?
My priority is to help you achieve your goals. My drive is to listen and understand you as a whole person, not just a set of symptoms.
In building a relationship with you, I commit to providing a non-judgemental space for you to be heard. We all deserve the best and we all deserve help in getting there.
As a naturopathic doctor I believe balance and wellness can be our natural baseline. My practice aligns with the naturopathic belief that your body has the innate tendency to heal itself. I will lay out a customized plan to help you achieve your best self and provide you with the support you need along the way. Naturopathic medicine gives me the tools to do what I love most:
Teaching and helping others achieve their goals, whether that be physical, mental, or emotional health
A little about me
Before moving to Vancouver to study naturopathic medicine, I worked for nearly a decade in the health food industry in Alberta. Nutrition and cooking have long been interests of mine, leading me to pursue training and teaching as a nutritionist at the Canadian School of Natural Nutrition.
My training in naturopathic medicine led me to Vancouver and I fell in love with the forests and mountains of the west coast. I grew up in Saskatchewan but I just can’t stay away from the west coast!
I love nature, hiking, canoeing, and playing ultimate frisbee, so the Comox Valley became a draw for me to set down roots. Environmental sustainability and DIY proejcts are big passions of mine (I love making my own herbal products and fermented foods!). I have a love for reading philosophy especially around animal welfare.
I have a general naturopathic family medical practice treating patients of all ages, genders, and health concerns. I also have a keen interest in:
- Men’s health (erectile dysfunction, libido, prostate health, hormone health)
- Mood & Mental health (depression, anxiety, insomnia, dementia, seasonal affective disorder)
- Skin health (psoriasis, eczema, acne)
- Digestive health (Irritable bowel syndrome, SIBO, food sensitivities, inflammatory conditions)
- Acute conditions (cold/flu, cough)
- Chronic conditions (diabetes, allergies, asthma, stress, fatigue)
- Physical conditions (pain, arthritis, injuries)
- Acupuncture and cupping
- Nutrition and Therapeutic diets
- Herbal and Homeopathic medicines
- Physical medicine (spinal manipulation, soft tissue massage, hydrotherapy)
- Bowen therapy
- Physical exams, lab testing, and pharmaceutical prescribing as needed
- Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine – Boucher Institute of Naturopathic Medicine
- Bachelor of Arts (minor in Biology) – University of Calgary
- Natural Nutrition Diploma (Registered Holistic Nutritionist) – Canadian School of Natural Nutrition
Additional Training and Certifications
- Certified in Acupuncture
- Certified in Prescriptive Authority
- Certified in Immunization
- Bowen therapy – Healing Accelerator workshop
- Naturopathic Advanced Life Support (NALS) & BLS/CPR
- Registrant with the College of Naturopathic Physicians of British Columbia (CNPBC)
- Member of the British Columbia Naturopathic Association (BCNA)
- Member of the Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors (CAND)
- Vital Associate of the Naturopathic Medicine Institute (NMI)