“For all those who cross my path, I strive to provide tools and support to nurture your authentic self so that you can take steps towards realizing your own best future.”
In my professional life, I strive to practice patience, authenticity, and non-judgement. My philosophy is that we all deserve to be empowered to make choices that enrich our lives, whether those choices are related to health, work, family, friends, or otherwise. My drive is to listen, understand, and help you achieve your goals, while being your support system along the way. I believe that health is a stepping stone to living your best life.
I believe my role as a naturopathic doctor is to assist each person’s innate tendency for healing while considering the whole person when developing a treatment plan.
I grew up in Saskatchewan before moving to Alberta and working in the health food industry. Eventually, training in naturopathic medicine led me to Vancouver and I fell in love with the West Coast. In my personal life, I have a great interest in nature, hiking, canoeing, sustainability, and community, so the Comox Valley became a draw for me to set down roots. I am also passionate about both reading philosophy and DIY projects (I love making my own herbal products and fermented foods!).
Nutrition and cooking have long been interests of mine, leading me to pursue training and teaching as a nutritionist. I chose naturopathic medicine because it expands the tools in my toolbox allowing me to do what I love most: teaching and helping others achieve their health goals, whether that be physical, mental, or emotional health.
I have a general naturopathic family medical practice treating patients of all ages, genders and health concerns. I also have a keen interest in:
- Men’s health (erectile dysfunction, libido, prostate health, hormone health)
- Mental health (depression, anxiety, insomnia, dementia, seasonal affective disorder)
- Skin health (psoriasis, eczema, acne)
- Digestive health (IBS, SIBO, food sensitivities, inflammatory conditions)
- Acute conditions (flu, cold, cough)
- Chronic conditions (diabetes, allergies, asthma, stress, fatigue)
- Physical conditions (pain, arthritis, injuries)
- Physical exams, lab testing, and pharmaceutical prescribing
- Acupuncture and cupping
- Nutrition and lifestyle recommendations
- Botanical and Homeopathic medicine
- Physical medicine (spinal manipulation, soft tissue massage, hydrotherapy)
- Bowen therapy
- Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine – Boucher Institute of Naturopathic Medicine
- Bachelor of Arts (minor in Biology) – University of Calgary
- Natural Nutrition Diploma (Registered Holistic Nutritionist) – Canadian School of Natural Nutrition
Additional Training and Certifications
- Bowen therapy – Healing Accelerator workshop
- Certified in Acupuncture
- Certified in Prescriptive Authority
- Certified in Immunization
- Naturopathic Advanced Life Support (NALS) & BLS/CPR
- Registrant with the College of Naturopathic Physicians of British Columbia (CNPBC)
- Member of the British Columbia Naturopathic Association (BCNA)
- Member of the Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors (CAND)
- Vital Associate of the Naturopathic Medicine Institute (NMI)